Thursday 8 October 2015

Tone studio work - Work diary

Evaluation
The objective of this assignment was to experiment with lighting and object staging in the studio.  I particularly enjoyed this shoot as it meant that we could further develop the images which we had taken using photoshop to emphasise the lighting levels used.

My favourite image



1/160, f/5.6, ISO 200



This is my favourite image because of the way that the shadows and difference in coloration combine to create an appealing variation in tone.  This image also appeals to me as it fits into the category of  as it is not what you would class a a normal or standard portrait image.  I also like the way that the effects used (reduced saturation and decreased brightness as well as an increased contrast) combine to emphasise the tonal elements of the image.

My least favourite image



1/60, f/5.6, ISO 200



This is my least favourite image from the shoot due to the fact that I find the lighting used creates a shaky clumsy finish to the image.  This image would have been better if the subject was the shadows cast by the human form and not the human form itself.

Progression


For this assignment I encountered very few problems as the shoot took place in the studio meaning that all aspects of the photo were controlled such as back ground, lighting and subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment