Tuesday 20 October 2015

Reflection- Work diary

Evaluation
The objective of the assignment was to capture the elemement of reflection using photography in Harlow town centre and the college campus. This was a more difficult element to capture as reflection requires specific setting to be successfully captured.  Many of my reflection images contain the other formal elements.

Favourite image

1/430, f3.9, ISO 80


This was my favourite image because of how the reflection of the building can be seen in the hand mirror.  I manipulated the image by increasing the contrast and brightness of the image.

Least favourite image

1/90, f3.1, ISO 200



This is my least favourite image for this formal element as it does not display reflection well at this stage.  The image was inspired by Francesca Woodman but under the conditions provided I could no successfully achieve the desired effect.

Progression
The weather on the day of the soot was not desirable as it was not sunny meaning it was not bright enough for successful reflection from windows and it was not raining meaning there were no puddles to photograph.  In the feature I would plan my shoot to take place on a more appropriate day.

Aspiration
I am intrigued by the surreal effect which is created through the use of reflection in bubbles by Richard Heeks.



2 comments:

  1. Please insert the camera settings... in describing the visual outcomes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I like the first image very much..

    ReplyDelete