Monday 28 September 2015

Texture- Work diary

Evaluation
The aim of this assignment was to capture the formal element of line through photography.  This was a slightly harder element to capture due to the fact texture photography works best with shadows but it was a relatively dark day when the photos were taken which slightly dims the effect of the texture contrast.   There was a large overlap between texture and pattern as many patterns are made up of textured materials. 

Favourite image
This is my least favourite image because of the fact that the sculpting of the stone creates a variety of visible textures.  I feel that the texture in this image is amplified by the fact that the image is all one colour, this singular colour creates a larger sense of contrast between the shadows of the image and it's surface therefore creating a greater sense of depth in the image.

1/320, F3.6, IS0 100



Least favourite image 
This is my least favourite image because of the way that the image crosses over with the element of line. I feel that if I had shot using a deep depth of field on the bikes tyre opposed to a shallow depth of field over the portion of the wheel that I would have created an image more representative of texture.

1/150, F4.3, ISO 200



Progression

For this formal element I had to zoom in frequently and it was sometimes a struggle to keep the camera still and in focus.  If I were to do this shoot again I would consider using a tripod and exploring macro photography to create more steady and detailed images.

Aspiration
I would aspire to create images in a similar style to Lucy Shires.







No comments:

Post a Comment