Sunday 8 May 2016

Landscape- Image bank


This image appeals to me because of the surreal aspects of the fact that all of the greenery in the image has been coloured red.  The re-colouration of red symbolises the way in which nature is being destroyed as a result of pollution from industrial areas such as cities.


I like this image because of the way that the mountains and trees in the image are mirrored in the smooth surface of the lake.  The stillness of the lake carries connotations of peacefulness and tranquility which are feelings often associated with nature.


I like this image because of the way that the different heights of the buildings creates a sense of depth to the image.  I also like the way that the tops of the buildings seem to almost brush the layer of clouds and the height if the buildings symbolises power.  I also like the way in which the viewer can see that the city is constantly awake from the fact that even though it is night time the city is still well lit.


I like the way that the low angle shot exaggerates the height of the building as this makes it appear even taller and more powerful than it already is.  The feeling of immense power is amplified even more by the fact that the building is taller than the trees which shows that man is more powerful than nature.  I like the stark contrast between the light blues and greens of nature and the harsh grey and sharp lines of the brutalist building.


This image appeals to me because of the way that the rocks that make up stonehenge are the focus of the image as this gives them an appearance of grandeur.  I also like the way that the sky is coloured orange and blue as these are complementary colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment