Thursday 12 November 2015

Depth- Straight images


This image appeals to me because of the way that the images subject is not where the eye is originally drawn to as the stickers bold colouration immediately captures the viewers attention.


I have edited this image by reducing the saturation of everything except for the sticker to direct the viewers eye there opposed to at the subject who is less focused in the background of the image.



I like this image becuase of the contrast that is created between the shine of the focused chain and the grainy texture of the less focused stone floor.


I have reduced the saturation of this image to emphasise the variation if depth as well as darkening the image to bring more focus to the highlights on the chain.




I like this image because of the way that the depth of field of the image creates a blurred background, making the paper in the foreground stand out more.


I have edited this image by using the selection tool to turn the background of the image black and white as well as increasing the contrast on the rest of the image.


I like the way that the light reflecting off of the pole gives the image a sense of depth.


I have increased the contrast of the image to give it harsher appearance and bring extra attention to the pole.




I like the way that this images depth of field allows for the foreground of the image to be more focused than the background.


I have edited this image by increasing the images contrast to give the foreground a sharper appearance.



This image was shot in the studio and I like the way that the eye is drawn to the lens cap in the foreground due to the images depth of field.


I have edited this image by using the select tool to allow the lens cap to retain its deep colouration but reducing the saturation of the rest of the image to create a stark contrast.


2 comments:

  1. a strong series, exploring depth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please can you also comment on the camera settings used, particularly aperture....

    ReplyDelete